Get your friends excited about tailgating season and serve up these crowd-pleasing Italian Sausage Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms from Billy Parisi.
Makes 22 stuffed mushrooms
22 white or crimini mushrooms
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
½ pound of loose Italian sausage
½ cup of boursin cream cheese
1 cup of bread crumbs
11 strips of bacon, cut in half
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and place them in a food processor and process on high speed until they are finely chopped.
3. Fold the chopped steams in with the Italian sausage until combined.
4. Next, place the mushrooms gill side up on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and drizzle on olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Stuff the mushrooms with a small amount of the Italian Sausage-Mushroom blend until it’s all gone.
6. Layer on a small amount of the boursin cheese and then sprinkle on the bread crumbs.
7. Finish by completely wrapping the mushroom in bacon and baking it at 400° for 30 to 35 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
8. Serve hot!