Turn up the heat this month and top your summer salad with Asian Mushroom Chicken Patties. Your patio party just got better.
1/2 pound ground chicken
1/2 pound cremini mushrooms
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
1 large clove garlic, finely minced
2/3 cup panko
1/8 cup cilantro, finely minced
2 teaspoons Sriracha
sprinkle salt and pepper
1/2 bunch cilantro leaves
1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
2 carrots, grated or cut into ribbons
1/8 cup fish sauce
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 large garlic, finely minced
1 small red chili, thinly sliced
butter or red leaf lettuce
1. Combine all of the dressing ingredients together in a small jar, place on the lid and shake to combine. Refrigerator until ready to serve.
2. In a processor or chopper, chop the mushrooms finely.
3. Place the mushrooms, ground chicken, yellow onion, garlic, bread crumbs, cilantro, Sriracha, egg and salt and pepper together in a bowl. Mix well.
4. Form the mixture into small patties – will make 12.
5. Preheat a stove-top grill pan or an outdoor grill. Lightly coat the grate with a little olive oil.
6. Place the patties onto the hot grill and cook for about 2 – 3 minutes. The meat will lift up on its own when it is ready to turn over. Flip and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes until cooked through.
7. Remove from the grill.
8. To serve, place a lettuce leaf onto a plate, top with some cucumber, carrots, cilantro and a mushroom chicken patty.
Drizzle with some dressing.