Pesto Portobello Pizzas
Recipe courtesy of Paula of Bell'alimento
When you’re wanting a “lighter” pizza option this one will fit that bill perfectly. Our personal pesto portobello pizzas are the perfect portion for a light lunch or even can be served as an hors de vors for all your summer entertaining.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
2 large portobello mushrooms – cleaned and gills removed
2 teaspoons pesto
1/2 -3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
3-4 cherry tomatoes – halved
fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. Place mushroom caps upside down on a muffin pan. Bake for 5-10 minutes until mushrooms have just begun to soften. Discard liquid.
3. Equally divide pesto between mushroom caps. Using a silicone brush, spread pesto on inside of mushroom caps.
4. Equally divide cheese between mushroom caps.
5. Equally divide tomatoes between mushroom caps. Arrange on top of cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Turn oven to broil. Return mushrooms to oven and bake for additional 5 minutes OR until cheese has melted.
7. Garnish with fresh basil.