By combining chopped mushrooms with ground meat, this mighty blend can seamlessly:
- Enhance taste. The umami in mushrooms and beef creates a mouth-watering, flavor-multiplying effect.
- Add vegetables to the plate. Adding mushrooms to the meat brings an extra serving of vegetables (and beneficial nutrients) to recipes.
- Trim calories and fat. With the mushroom and meat blend, you don’t necessarily have to consume large quantities of meat to feel full and satiated. Research shows that increasing the intake of lower calorie foods, specifically mushrooms, in place of those higher in calories, like ground beef, can be an effective method for reducing calories and fat intake while still feeling full and satisfied after a meal.
- Extend portion sizes. Mushrooms help bulk up volume without sacrificing your bottom line. You can buy one carton of mushrooms at the grocery store and use them in a week’s worth of meals, either as center of the plate options or portion extenders. By extending portions, you can generate leftovers, too.
- “Green” your meals. Mushrooms are grown year-round in highly controlled environments and effectively convert water into food.
Check out all we have to offer on our NEW YouTube Channel. From meatballs to stir-fry, there's a mushroom dish for everyone.
Watch Videos >>
Recipe of the Week
Check out our Recipe of the Week feature on the Mushroom Channel.
Take me to this week's recipe >>
Sign Up for Recipes
Subscribe to receive delicious recipes and information from fellow consumers, nutrition experts, chefs and bloggers via The Mushroom Channel.
Sign Up Here >>